Which youth program is right for your child?
It’s imperative that your youth wrestler is placed in a developmentally appropriate setting. Use the information below to guide the decision making process.
- Beginner to novice wrestlers (1 to 3 years experience)
- Ages 5 thru 14 (2 groups)
- Desire to compete local beginner level tournaments in the Northern VA Wrestling Federation
- Season duration: November to February
- 2 weekly practices in a structured environment with an emphasis on developing fundamental movements and teaching positions
- Intermediate to advanced
- Grades 5-8
- All in-season NOVA WC wrestlers must be registered with his or her hometown Federadtion team (e.g., FPYC, VYI)
- Willingness to train and compete 6-8+ months annually
- Willingness to travel and compete in elite level open tournaments on the regional and national levels (e.g., PA, NJ, MD, OH)
- 3 weekly practices with intensive instruction, drilling, and live wrestling